Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Science Lesson- Cookie Observation

MMMMMM Science...

It's that time of year again where we have to model how to make a good observation.  Ever had that kid who draws a tree with a blue marker?  Well here's the cure in a super fun lesson.  Yeah we could get our kids to observe a cloud or a leaf but why not use cookies?  That's way more engaging right?  Yeah I thought so too so, that's exactly what we did.  It was super fun and the kids kept talking all day long about how fuuuuun science is!  Yay.  Hope you like it.  I have everything you need (minus the cookies! $1.98 at HEB)  on my Teacher Pay Teachers store.  Cookie Observation Lesson  The explanation page can be plugged right in to your lesson plans. 
Here's one of my babe's before pic.  Pretty decent I gotta say.  It is brown and I can tell it's a cookie. 

Here they are tracing their cookie to show it's exact size.  Size is an important property to include in observations if possible. 


Now then.... Would you look at this observation!   WOWEEEE now that's a cookie.  Check out that description at the bottom.   It feels bumpy and smells chocolatey.  Way better that it feels  _______(blank) and smells good.  

Science should be fun and today it was.  I hope you'll try this with your kiddos.  Please tell me how it goes in your room or if you have any modifications. 

No comments:

Post a Comment