Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, September 30, 2012

Parent Conferences

It's that time of year again.  You know, when every committee meets, there's a meeting everyday after school, Open House is a few days away and it's time to have Parent Teacher Conferences.  That's right ladies and gentlemen...October is here.  Ready or not. 

Now don't get me wrong, I absolutely adore my job but each and every October sends me into a frenzy.  sigh...It's always great but it's always hectic. 

What's really stressing me out is I'll be out for the first time this for an all day science training Monday and Open House is Tuesday.  First time with a sub and also the first day after school clubs are starting.  Lord I hope everyone gets to the right spot.  I'm freaking out about it.  I was as detailed as possible in my sub plans about who goes where so hopefully it all works out.  Open House is going to be just fine I just get worried about cleaning up the room.  I'm also planning our school's first Bluebonnet Stomp that night.  I'm really excited about it!  Each student will get a cup of Bluebonnet seeds (our state flower) to help stomp/plant on a hill outside our school entrance.  In the spring our students will drive by it at drop off/pick up.  It's also a Texas tradition to take pictures in the Bluebonnets each spring.  Now we'll all have a place to do it without having to pull over on the side of the highway.  That is...if they bloom! haha

It's been a pretty big undertaking as the date totally snuck up on me.  Thank goodness I have wonderful parents and 2 Texas State interns this year who are super helpful.  Two moms alone filled the cups with seeds for the entire school!  Whew. 

So what should be on my mind is what I'm going to pass out and say at Open House.  But, I just can't help myself this weekend.  I've been obsessed with uploading things on my Teachers Pay Teachers store. Click the link below to take a look at my handouts I'll be using Tuesday to help parents sign up for conferences.  If you are freaking out about making something for your room maybe this will save you time. 

Parent Teacher Conference Packet

              

No comments:

Post a Comment