Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, September 3, 2012

A Little More on the Tour

 
 
 
 

My space.  Let me be perfectly honest.  My desk will never be this clean again.  So I just had to snap a picture and send it into forever so that everyone can see that on this day my desk had this much wood showing.  Fact is I just don't spend a lot of time here so it tends to be a sorting pile destination.  With my little man at home I like to do as much as I can from home and while I'm teaching I just about never sit down, you know how that is I'm sure.  I am going to make an effort keep it cozy this year so I broke down and bought some fancy fabric at Hobby Lobby this year.  I also found this sweet little Count You Blessings sign at, of all places, HEB plus!  I thought it would be sweet to hang it above my former students' heads.  I put my ugliest classroom run under my desk for my toes. 


And this would by my to-do list board.  Oh where or where would I be without a to-do list ? I'll tell you where in an asylum!   

Here's my door.  Nothing special yet.  Except that notebook see him down there?  One of my students is has a parent that works at our school.  This first week has been a little tough for him to adjust to.  He knows she's here and wants to see her immediately.  Makes sense.  I tell ya now that I'm a mom I'm way more sensitive to these things.  So, when he's missing his mom he writes and draws pictures for her in their special notebook and then returns it to the door.  When she finds a second she'll cruise by our room and write him back.  It's been working for a few days now.  So if you have a sweet little "teacher kid" and they're having trouble.  Try this!
 
Venturing out into the hallway.  If you're like me and you spent the summer scouring pinterest, you were bound to find something to copy.  Mine were these little name tag clips.  Funnies thing:  while I was on my Hobby Lobby crusade for supplies to make these I kept running into dead ends.  They were out of boards, out of chalk board paint. Got me wondering, how many other teachers were here before me making the exact same thing?  God bless pinterest.  I got the caricature from the State Fair last year.  It just makes me smile. 
 
 
 
Last thing totally random.  Tower of Tissues!
Why the heck do I always have a million Kleenex boxes?  Why oh why can't it be dry erase makers?  I really wish we could individualize our school supply lists.  It's a nice dream. 
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment