Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Meet The Tadpoles

Two weeks ago I got a pretty funny e-mail.  One of our Kinder teachers said, "My sister found some tadpoles in her hot tub.  Anybody want some for their classroom?" Only a teacher would think to share at a time like this. I of course replied Yes!  I'm also thinking maybe I now have my premise for my children's book.  Tadpoles from the hot tub.  haha

Problem was... I had nowhere to put them.  I sent an e-mail out to my students' parents asking if anyone had an aquarium they weren't using.  In less than 15 minutes I got a response from a family offering to buy an aquarium for the classroom! Woo! Awesome!!! Here she is. Way fancier than I ever expected.  Kinda puts poor Buddy's bowl to shame. 
 Here's a close up of one of the little guys.  They are just starting to form some teeny tiny back legs.  After I took one shot of this one he totally turned to face the camera.  I took a couple more since I thought this was hilarious. Then I had a moment  of panic...did I just blind the poor little guy? He must have gotten stunned from the flash.  He's couldn't posing for goodnesssakes.  sigh.  Just the first of more trauma to come from being a tadpole in a class of 22 first graders  and 1 zany teacher. 

The kids are in love with them and it's going to be a great hands on science lesson for life cycles.  I'll keep posting pictures with the new phases. 

No comments:

Post a Comment